Believe in Yourself

Believe in Yourself
Just a penchant for writing,its my pigheadedness to distinguish myself from the Crowd.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Just You Just Me

She looks at me,'She just woke up from her slumber on my shoulder,may be its the turbulence of the plane,we were soaring the skies somewhere above Rajasthan,our plane left Jaipur Airport about a half n hour ago. We were flying back to Bhubaneswar,Home sweet home from a recent vacation in Rajasthan',the look was annoying,endearing,dazzling,amazing,loving,Oh, I can never actually decipher whats in those two eyes,sometimes they well with pearls,mostly because of me,never really like those even though they are happy tears,i just can't see her shedding them,those are mine only mine & they are to be confined in those eyes only.So she looks at me,winks,Oh boy that's just another of her very much lovable traits,whenever she winked I knew,she's in a mood of mischief,then she asks "Where are We ?"."Still in Rajasthan", I reply still lost in her eyes,they sparkle when I say something looking into her eyes.She moans softly as I keep looking at her like that,comes closer & kisses me,"ahem ahem",the strolling stewardess goes about but its just oblivious, I kiss her back gently.


I remember how we fell in love,I was a lost soul,a philandering wanderer,never saw the right girl actually could never see the right girl,I was dating her best friend,who was engaged with some other guy,it was just a casual relationship,Friend with a lot of benefits if you put it correctly,no emotional attachments,no hassles & tussles.We were in the same college,I found her Hot but never hit on her,she was feisty,classy but was a Tomboy to the hilt & believe me,you don't really know a tomboy until you meet one or get to know one.I was more like okay with bimbos,all looks & no brains.So I tread with caution & picked the easy ones.She never liked me,she scolded her friend whenever she saw us together,the scolding & coldness was meant for me actually but I took it in my pride stride.Then one day all hell broke loose,I got a call from her,she was straightforward about breaking the ice between us,I always knew this day was gonna come but I thought it would always be me not her who broke the ice.She was clear,enough of the awkward silence & the other innuendos,lets just be friends.We became friends,then good friends & I forgot the rest of the world,she developed on me like a habit,I just couldn't get enough of her.I don't remember how many times I tried to flirt with her but there was always a air of steeliness around her,she never let her guard down,then one day a chance encounter with fate led us both to a date.



It was an evening of winter,January 1st 2009,we set out on my bike & first she took me to a temple,I always thought of her as a punk,I never saw a religious side of her & she amazed me with that one gesture,I had been out a good number of girls on boring,blah blah filled dates at Cafes,hotels & malls but a temple.She took me inside,prayed,made me pray & then we went on a long ride to a nearby city,it was on the way when she poured her heart out to me,I wore just a tee & a jeans,she was clad perfectly in winter clothes,cold biting down my body,the whizzing air past my ears & out of the rush,I had just heard two bits,a bit about her ex & why she's the way she is.Then all of a sudden it hit me,I should be with her,so unabashedly open,pretty talkative when she felt like,an attitude to kill for & a smile of an angel,My Angel.I kept thinking,kept pondering,whenever I braked,she would tense,the tension was hanging all around,then I brewed up a storm in my mind,I will not let this one go,I won't let you go.



We came back just before the hostel gatekeeper could bark about,I parked nearby the gate but it was dark.My breath burning my nostrils,heartbeat a tandem jumped up,hands sweaty,the coldness kicking into my skin,she said she couldn't remember the last time she felt that happy & didn't know how to thank me & started walking.I was frozen,didn't think what to say & then out of the blue I made the most beautiful mistake of my life,I asked her to thank me,pat came the question,"How ?","You could give me a kiss", I blurted out,she stood shell shocked,a profound silence,an eerie silence just like the winter chill spread its dark silhouette around us,"I do not insist",I said apologetically almost.She smiled sheepishly but walked towards me nervously,I was breathless,amazed at her sheer beauty in the darkness,step by step,time slowed down when she walked towards me,I always thought she had a funny gait but that didn't matter anymore,she leaned over me while i was transfixed on my ride,her breath singeing my very skin,her lips came down on my left cheek & then she kissed me,just a sweet emblem of our very journey has started probably,then she said " I'll will never forget today."


Neither did I,the next two days passed just like any other day but we didn't talk much,I thought I just massacred my hope of being with this Tomboy all I received from her were a slew of messages that she's worried,confused,nervous,reluctant (falling for me may be).The third day,a perfect day,January 4th,I received a call from her,she said she wanted to tell me something,something that she couldn't contain anymore & if she tried to hold it anymore she'll despair for her whole life & then she said the words that were going to change my world forever,"I LOVE YOU".


"Dhana(as she fondly calls me,its your alias for Honey,Cutie,Baby whatever),what are you thinking?",she asks me pulling the chain of my train down the memory lane,I never complain because its her I am thinking about,she can do whatever she wanted,she could ask whatever she wanted to,I return from memory street & take a look at her,her sleepy eyes,a restless ocean churning in them,my girl,my woman,my love,I gush countless I love You's for her,take a breath of the thin air of the plane that's filled with fragrance of love for her & reply,"Uh nothing baby,Just thinking about us,JUST YOU JUST ME." Then I kissed her & mumbled,

"I Love You Jaffna Ray."



2 comments:

  1. I think just a comment is not enough to express my emotions with words, although m nt good enough in putting those words as u do bt simply i wanna say dat I LUV U. I LUV U DHANA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though we are married now it seems these lines above will always remain like wonderful memories for us. luv u my hubby.

    ReplyDelete