Believe in Yourself

Believe in Yourself
Just a penchant for writing,its my pigheadedness to distinguish myself from the Crowd.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dreamy Abyss of Rick Langdon

Prologue 
''I woke up in a pool of sweat,drenched completely,the first thing that comes to mind is Shit,where the hell am I,for all I can see there were canyons & mountains,bloody hell I mutter to myself then I realize my legs dont move,they literally dont move,then out of the blue it hits me just like a lighting bolt,She left me here.''





Its a perfect Sunny Day,A day for me & Haley to go trekking,the Sun soaring over our heads,mercury rising & Eagles soaring,I even forgot that Haley & I were divorced a year ago & were trying to get back together again.Our blossoming romance was once again on track,Sean our beautiful Son who was the apple of our eye won't miss me anymore,that bastard Farris who was always hanging around her won't dare to come near adrift in my thoughts I slipped a gap on the rocks,the next thing I know was the Snap of my cable & Haley's blood curdling scream & there was all but Defiance to Gravity & I Fell.




 I dont remember hitting the ground,but when I opened my eyes all I could see was dust,cacti & Vultures & a cloudless sky,I woke up in a pool of sweat,drenched completely,the first thing that comes to mind is Shit,where the hell am I,for all I can see there were canyons & mountains,"bloody hell" I mutter to myself then I realize my legs dont move,they literally dont move,then out of the blue it hits me just like a lighting bolt,She left me here.My Haley,My Love of eighteen years,mother to my only child left me here,she left me to die so that she could run off with Farris,nobody knew that we were coming here,it was a no holds barred plan of ours to have some personal moments in the Slot Canyons of Arizona,I didn't even bring my phone,may be she did but that doesn't matter anymore,she left me.Left me to Die.




It was weird enough to see the Vultures getting synchronized around me,I tore my ankle pretty bad & where it was teared up a sleuth of Ants had slowly started to gather.Then swoosh,a vulture landed near me,bloodshot eyes,bald head & beak & talons of menacing strength,I remember how Vultures are despised & warded off as scavangers those fed even on the dying that they are as ferocious as the Eagle but love to eat the dead & enjoyed the dying,another pang of pain shot from my ankle & pulsed throughout me.The vulture inched closer,ants started to bite at my teared ligament & the vulture pecked at my eye.




I woke up with a jolt,not a jolt but as if someone skinned me alive & dragged me without my skin through a rocky country road,Haley woke up too,I was in the makeshift camp at the bottom of the canyon,she embraced me,"you okay baby",she said I looked at her,even in the midst of night & after the weirdest & worst dream of my life,she looked like an angel to me.i said "Marry Me" & she smiled & said "Again?"
& I said "yeah,why not."
& then she kissed me & said yes with the words which I always cherished,"Rick I love You."
& then I closed my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment